(407) 905-0500


Divorce in Florida is called a dissolution of marriage.  To qualify for a divorce in Florida, you must prove the following:

  1.  That you are married.

  2. That you or your spouse has been a resident of the State of Florida for at least six months prior to the filing of your divorce lawsuit.

  3. That your marriage is irretrievably broken (or that one spouse has been adjudicated mentally incompetent for the required period of time pursuant to section 61, Florida Statutes).